Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My First Blood Test...Lucky Me...

So, apparently I have a bacterial infection in my chest. (either lungs or bronchial tubes) Yay for me.
To find out whether I had a virus infection or a bacterial one they decided to do a blood test. Not fun. I have to admit it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! When the doctor suggested it my eyes got wide and visions of large tubes sticking out of my arms sucking massive amounts of blood into a large plastic baggy. Apparently that's donating blood. I don't know...I haven't don either until now! I also have to admit the other vision I had was of Michael from (a great) episode of the Office donating blood and passing out for an hour. Leave it to me to relate a doctor's visit to an episode of the Office! I didn't pass out and it wasn't excruciating! I just don't want to have to do that ever again. Then my grandma and mom reassured me I have many more times in my life that they will have to inflict the pain upon me. *SIGH*
The infection causes atrocious chest pain and the exhaustion is mega! No fun! I also have to take antibiotics. And, for some odd reason, I occasionally have moments where everything's hysterically funny. I have no idea why. Drugs or tired? Who knows! But, for those other moments I'm feeling quite miserable. :( Oh well...I shall be better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment